Soundcool is an innovative system for music education and collaborative creation using smartphones, tablets, Kinect, Open Sound Control (OSC) and MAX / MSP / Jitter created at the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) by the Performing Arts and Technology research group (PerformingARTech), interdisciplinary group UPV – Universitat de València.
This research project, led by Jorge Sastre, began in 2013 with funding from the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) and a research team that combines artistic and scientific profiles bringing together musicians, engineers, educators and experts in audiovisual communication and research.
- Dr. Jorge Sastre, composer, engineer and mathematician, director of the courses of Electronic Music and Video Creation (MEVIC) and Master in Music UPV (MUM) lecturer.
Technical and artistic profiles
- Dra. Nuria Lloret, MUM director, responsible of the websites and social networks, and Dr. Adolfo Muñoz, both faculty members of the Audiovisual Communication, Documentation and History of Art department.
- Dr. Carlos Hernandez, director of the Soundcool area for students with functional diversity. Other members of the group: Dra. Luisa Tolosa, Dr. José Ramón Díaz and Montse Briceño.
- Dr. Stefano Scarani, video artist, composer, interactive systems specialist and MEVIC lecturer. Dr. Ximo Cerdà, MEVIC coordinator.
- Dr. Adolf Murillo (pedagogical manager), advisor to the Training Center Innovation and Educational Resources (CEFIRE) and lecturer at the UPV.
- Dra. Elizabeth Carrascosa, lecturer at the University of Valencia and the CEIP 9th October (Alcàsser, Valencia), and director of the European Erasmus + KA2 project for the introduction of Soundcool in the European education system.
- Dr. Remigi Morant, director of the Department of Music Didactics, Plastic and Corporal Expression of the University of Valencia, vice president of the Federation of Music Societies of Valencia (FSMCV).
- Dra. María Elena Riaño Galán, lecturer of Musical Expression Didactics of the Education department at the Faculty of Education of the University of Cantabria.
- Dra. Noemy Berbel Gómez. Associate dean in the Facultat d’Educacio and mobility coordinator. Education and specific didactics Department. Music expression education area. Universitat de les Illes Balears.
- Dr. Jaime Serquera (12/2015-present),Elena Pelejero (12/2016-present), Xiaoqian Huang (1/2017-5/2017), Rafael García (9/2014-7/2015), José Enrique Serrano Comes (1/2013-3/2014), Deng Han (1/2014-4/2014).
Soundcool web, collaborative web and social network.
- Elena Robles (11/2015-present): technical researcher.
- Narce Ruiz (03/2017-present)
- Giannino Clemente (9/2015 – 7/2016).
- Responsible: Nuria Lloret.
- Prof. Roger Dannenberg, director of the Computer Music Group, Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, USA), and Sara Masters (2013-present).
- Giannino Clemente, MEVIC graduated and Berklee student.
- Angélica Rodríguez, doctoral student MUM (2017-present).
- Álvaro Forner Durá (Tutorials Developments Soundcool-Audacity, Telecommunications end of grade work, 2017)
- Lucía García Talavera(Tutorials Developments Soundcool-Audacity, Telecommunications end of grade work, 2016)
- Dr. David Picó, Gregorio Jiménez, Joan Cerveró, MEVIC UPV lecturers.